Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stuff I Can't Live Without


In this week's Cook'n Club newsletter I talk about one tool I just can't live without and why. Trying not to sound like an infomercial, I pretty much gush about the Zyliss Food Chopper. I just LOVE this tool. It does everything the company says it does and more--what a novel idea--a product that actually delivers!






Sticking with the "Stuff I Can't Live Without" theme, I thought I'd talk here about another ultra-cool tool that really deserves some raves: the Blue Avocado's collapsible shopping bags. Here's what you can read on their website:

"Blue Avocado is the love child of style and sustainability and was founded by a couple of mompreneurs and a hip little green maven who got tired of having to choose between what was convenient (and cute)--and what was right." Their mission is to make it easy to do good and get it done, with a little joy in the process.

Their chic, sustainable and reusable grocery bags can replace up to 1,000 plastic bags every year. Again from their website: "This is Blue Avocado's first step toward achieving its vision of making the planet millions pounds lighter (CO2 emissions) and hundreds of communities stronger (1% of income invested in hundreds of micro-entrepreneurs around the world)." Doesn't that just make you want to join their journey as they take a stand for the planet and its people?

I bet YOU have a tool or two you can't live without either. Please take a minute and tell us about it. Just share your tip in the comment section. I'll highlight your thought(s) in the next blog. We're all in this together, so let's spread the good stuff! And until next time, thanks for reading and happy cook'n!




No comments:

Post a Comment