Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What's Cook'n?

If you're wondering What's Cook'n?...the answer is: A Heck of a Lot! It feels like we've been in a whirlwind for the last year and a half.

The gusts slowed down around February when we finally resolved most of the major issues with the newest version of Cook'n. Then, things picked up again shortly after that when we got into the thick of the Cook'n for Mac development. I am so happy that we were able to finish it and release it a couple weeks ago!

Things are still crazy busy though with development of the mobile apps but we're getting close to the finish line now. A sneak preview e-mailer just went out. I'm so anxious to get feedback to hear you think. I sure hope you like it!

At first, I was going to go real lean on the features to keep our costs low and to test the waters in the mobile app space. If the first version went well then I was planning on adding more features and making the second version more robust. However, I changed my mind and decided to just go for it.

If you saw my "Coming This Spring!" notice earlier this year, you have probably realized that development of the mobile apps has taken twice as long as we all thought it would. But, the apps are very feature rich. I really think they will be a great compliment to Cook'n. I hope you like them!

In addition to the Mac and mobile app development and continued development of the Desktop app, we're also working on a cool new Plugin that has everyone around here buzzing. So, if you're wondering What's Cook'n? The answer is, LOT'S! :) If you think we're heading in the wrong direction, please let us know. Otherwise, feel free to share words of encouragement too if you think we're doing something right. Our success depends on feedback from you and...we're listening! :)

7 comments:

  1. Hey Dan,
    I just watched the sneak preview of the iPhone app. I think it is "AMAZING and AWESOME" I can see me taking it to the grocery store with the shopping list and have all my recipes right there with me. The shake option is a good one for me to help me decide which recipe I want to cook. Now that was a "GREAT" option, because I am sure I am not the only one that can't decide what to cook, because you have those that tell you anything will be fine. Boy have I heard that many times. So now if they won't tell me Cook'n will. I love it, Like you said you have it with you anywhere you go, like the doctor's office, you can sure use it in there when you are waiting, then stop at the store on the way home. I think you guys are doing a "GREAT JOB" on all of the new things you are giving us. I know these things take time and I am one to wait on these "QUALIY PRODUCTS". I know they have been a few bumps in the road, but Dan, you and your staff have "ALWAYS" made it right and when COOK'N is working right, there is "NOTHING" that can even try to touch it. So just keep amazing me. I love it. Thanks so much, Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy using the cook n software. The apps look cool. My question is are we going to have to pay for the apps if we already own the cook n software and/or will we get a discount if we do have to purchase them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way I see it, Dan has giving us a lot of "BANG For Our BUCK". All of these programmers do not work for FREE. Look at the other software programs, you don't get half of what you get with Cook'n. Come on guys, don't you think we need to give back a little for all he has given us. Sometimes I think we get a little carried away with ourselves, when you have a company that makes everything right for all their customers, not too many of them out there, but Dan always has. I think he deserves a little credit for that. Hope some of you don't think I am getting out of line by saying this, but it is just how I feel. Just put yourselves in Dan's shoes. I think all of you would want to get paid for what YOU do. I think a lot of his customers don't realize what he goes through to keep his customers "HAPPY". I worked for the public for over 30 years and I know what it is like to deal with some of the never pleased people. I think we all need to stand behind Dan for what he has done and return some of the favor he has given us. "JUST SAYING" Rob That's another GOOD thing about Dan, he has always given discounts for Cook'n Club Members.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went ahead and bought Cook'n on the android market. It's going to be a great app when they get the sync going! Thanks for all your hard work - I love Cook'n!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have the app on my Droid now but still don't have the sync working yet-any idea how soon that may happen? Can't wait to use it And looking forward to getting the Ipad app too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Syncing is working between mobile apps. We're just adding the functionality to the Desktop app now. And, we hope to finish it soon! I will let you know as soon as it is ready (and maybe even sooner! ;) ). Thank you for your patience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what I'm talking about. Rob

    ReplyDelete